Monday, January 23, 2017

VIDEO: British cops taser their own race relations adviser

Here's a great item from this weekend's police blotter, the coppers in question being the Avon & Somerset police, who "serve and protect" the city of Bristol, in southwestern England. Check out this video of the Peelers subduing a "dangerous" black man.



The man on the wrong end of the Taser is Judah Adunbi, aged 63. The location of the video is the front gate to Mr Adunbi's home. As he was trying to enter his own property, the police, apparently mistaking him for a wanted man, asked Mr Adunbi for his ID, which he refused to give, saying "I've done no wrong. Leave me alone."

That seemed to be a trigger -- pun intended -- for the boy and girl in blue, who let him have it. Mr Adunbi told the Guardian, "I felt that was it. Because of the way I fell back. The way I fell backward on the back of my head. I was just paralyzed. I thought that was it. I thought they were taking my life."

After discharging the Taser, one of the officers can be heard yelling, "Taser, Taser, Taser. You've been Tasered. All right?"
Mr Adunbi's neighbour can be heard protesting, although an officer tells him, "He was trying to fight us." That's what cops always say, that the victim was "resisting arrest" or "threatening us" or "appeared to be holding a weapon". Obviously the neighbour filming the incident missed that part.

Now here's the funny part. The Guardian reports that Mr Adunbi was a race relations adviser -- a member of Bristol's independent advisory group, designed to forge links between police and the community! How shocking! [No more electric jokes, please. Ed.] Walt thinks Mr Adunbi should count himself lucky that he lives in the UK. If this had happened in the USA, he would doubtless have been a deceased race relations adviser.

No comments:

Post a Comment