Saturday, November 5, 2016

Walt can't call it

Here we are in the last weekend before the Election of the Century (so far). The candidates are neck-and-neck coming to the wire. Unless one horse (or part thereof) stumbles (and one has been seen on video doing just that), it's going to be close... really close!

Fox News reports that Shrillery Clinton has a 2-point edge over Donald Trump, according to a new national poll of likely voters conducted Tuesday-Thursday. In the four-way race, Mrs Bill Clinton tops The Donald by 45% to 43%. She was up by three points a week ago, and by six in mid-October. Garry "What's Aleppo?" Johnson gets 5% and Greenie (((Jill Stein))) brings up the rear with 2%. Only 4% of those polled were undecided. The other 96% said they'd made up their minds -- some had voted already -- and just wanted to get the whole thing over with.

It's funny to hear the lamestream meeja talking about the polls. After the third debate, when Hellery was in the ascendant, the Clinton News Network and all the others except Fox were crying "Look at the polls. It's all over! Clinton can't be beat!" But since the FBI bombshell, with every national poll indicating a virtual tie -- numbers within the margin of error -- the same gliberals are telling us that national polls don't matter, because what really counts is the vote in the Electoral College.

Looked at that way, Mr Trump has a hard row to hoe. To win the Electoral College, he has to win key swing states like Florida, Ohio and North Carolina. In fact he pretty much has to run the table. But you never know. Not all the electors pledged to vote for a certain candidate can be counted on to do so.

Just today, Fox News reports that a Democratic elector in Washington state says he won't cast his vote for La Clinton if (as is likely) she wins the state in Tuesday's election. Robert Satiacum, a member of the Puyallup Tribe, supported Bernie Sanders in the Democratic primary, which the Vermont senator won by approximately a 3-to-1 margin. He said he believes Clinton is a "criminal" who doesn't care enough about American Indians and "she's done nothing but flip back and forth." He told AP, "She will not get my vote, period."

So who knows. I am reluctant to put my sterling record (lifetime pct .991) on the line on this one. I find it hard to be objective, since I believe Mrs Clinton ought be in the prisoner's dock, not the Oval Office. And, even though the wish may be father to the thought, I think there are more Trump supporters out there than the polls would indicate. I have some bets with Trump + 5 points, but nobody's giving me that kind of an edge today. Nope. Can't call it. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment