Friday, July 16, 2021

Message from Woka-Cola

 

Do the makers of Coca-Cola realize they're making a big mistake with their "Be less white" campaign? Do they not realize that the folks they're pandering to drink RC? [Or grape sode! Ed.] This could very well turn into a repeat of the New Coke fiasco of April 1985!

It was then that the Coca-Cola Company, fearful of losing market share to Pepsi, introduced a new formula for the Big Drink. [That's a book title. Ed.] Known informally as New Coke, it was renamed Coke II in 1992, and was discontinued in July 2002 -- one of the biggest flops in the history of marketing.

The New Coke fiasco was based on a gross misreading of public opinion, and the reluctance of Coca-Cola drinkers to "embrace change". And here they are telling us once again that we have to get woke!

I'm severely conflicted. I am very fond of Coca-Cola. [The word "addicted" springs to mind. Ed.] But I absolutely refuse to become "less white". Indeed, doing so is an impossibility for me, both physically, mentally and emotionally. As far as I'm concerned, it's cool to be white!

What to do? I may have to learn how to make a proper mint julep and hope that will get me through the summer, or however long it takes the Coca-Cola Company to come to its senses. Meanwhile, I've sold all my shares in Coke stock. I urge those who share my sentiments to do likewise, or whatever they can to fight corporate wokeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment