Thursday, August 27, 2020

VIDEO: Poetic justice for an eco-warrior

It has been some time since we presented our coveted Wally award, given to the few TV commercials which really tickled the old humerus. Fact is, there haven't been many truly funny commercials made since the Dempanic set in. All the advertisers are busy virtue-signalling. I think if I hear one more spokesthingy for one more Fortune 500 corporation tell us that they feel our pain and are standing by us in this difficult time, I'm going to scream.

I'm tired of being reminded that Covid-19 isn't funny. Life isn't funny. Nothing is funny, any more. So let's look back a couple of years, to the good old days when ad agencies could get away with making something like this commercial for the Kia Niro, "the new game-changing hybrid SUV designed for versatility and fuel efficiency." [Send cheque by courier, please. I don't want it to get lost with all the vote-by-mail ballots. Ed.]

No comments:

Post a Comment