Friday, March 12, 2010

Beer commercials and advertising in Walt's blog

A couple of months ago -- January 6th to be exact -- I wrote about some really good commercials for Rickard's beer. Click here to see the post and follow the links to the ads.

Today I received a comment from "Graeme" from Molson-Coors, the beer company with the Can-Am name. Just in case you don't go back to the January post, here's his comment:

Glad to hear you like the commercials! Thanks for sharing. You can also make your own version on our site - using your own lines or some preselected ones.

The site Graeme refers to is www.rickards.ca. So if you've got time to kill this weekend and an urge to be creative, go for it. Who knows? You might just land a job...

On the subject of advertising generally, and Internet advertising specifically... A couple of people have asked why I don't "monetize" Walt Whiteman's World by accepting the advertising that Google will happily place on the screen for you to consider while reading the posts.

The reason is simple. I wouldn't want you, dear reader, to think that I in any way endorse or approve of or want you to know about some of the products and services that might appear. Once a blogger allows advertising, he (or she) has no control over what ads Google places on the blog.

For instance, if you were reading a post with the label "abortion", you might find beside it an ad for Planned Parenthood. I am violently opposed to Planned Parenthood or any organization which promotes abortion as a kind of retroactive birth control!

There are lots of things and people I'm opposed to. [Really??!! Whoda thunk it! ed.] And some things which I think are worth recommending. If I have some thing or some person to recommend to you, I'll do it in my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment