Monday, June 28, 2010

Ex-shoes me?

Please enjoy this video, an ad for the “ShoeDini” shoe-horn, with voice-over by Gilbert Gottfried. Matt Taibbi calls it "the best film I’ve seen this year."

Yes, me too...infinitely funnier than Grown Ups, which you should avoid like the plague. Seen the trailer on TV? Like the scene where the fat guy swings out over the ole swimming hole and crashes into a tree? Just like in America's Funniest Home Videos? Well, dear reader, that is the only ONLY funny scene in the whole damn movie. Forget it! But I digress...

Much in all as I enjoyed this commercial, something bothered me about it. Something besides a suspicion that this has to be a spoof. How could there be such a product, for real? But then it dawned on me...

There IS a real ShoeDini. Trust me, I checked. But the target audience is not the actors you see in the commercial. Those feebs and geezers look pretty slim and fit to me. I'm sure the target audience is the millions of American (and Canadian and British) men and women who are too fat to see their feet...never mind putting shoes on them!

Walt predicts the ShoeDini will be an even greater marketing success than the Slap Chop!


No comments:

Post a Comment