Monday, November 11, 2019

Where can I get one of these?!

Every day I ask Ed. "What snoo?", and Ed. replies "Knot much." But as the day wears on, he and I usually discover something of which we were previously unaware. Today it's the famous (somewhere else?) Pinzgauer 718K, sometimes described as a light utility vehicle, sometimes as a camper, sometimes as a military vehicle -- the military in question being the Swiss army, which uses them to transport knives.


They're not exactly new. A quick Google search reveals that they've been around, in various models (including one with canvas top and sides) since the 1970s. Some are available, slightly used, on online sales sites. So that answers my big question of the day: where can I get one of these?! I wannit, I wannit, I wannit!

After all, Arnold Schwarzenegger has one! According to the Daily Mail, Ahnold was seen yesterday driving his six-wheeled Pinzgauer 718-K high-mobility all-terrain vehicle, in Brentwood CA, just days after meeting with seriously disturbed teen activist Greta Thunberg.

Herr Schwarzenegger, who might have been president of the USA were it not for being a foreigner, has had his gas-guzzler shipped to Germany and back, to fit it with an S-TEC low-displacement engine, so as to make it more environmentally friendly. The original SUV (or whatever you call it) had a D24T 2.4-litre diesel engine, getting no more than 20-30 mpg. When I was a lad, that was considered pretty good gas mileage, but driving something that fuel-inefficient now makes you a climate change denier. And if it's made in Germany you're probably a racist too!

No comments:

Post a Comment