Friday, June 10, 2011

"Top Ten Self-Evident Life Truths"

In the middle of Gullible's Travels (see yesterday's book review), author Cash Peters has inserted the following.

Marching briskly along Massachusetts Avenue [one] cool, damp October evening, and farting to the beat of my own footsteps (it's a gift!), I began compiling in my head a list of what I'll call Self-Evident Life Truths.

These are lessons learned over a lifetime. Lessons that, given half a chance, I would hand to today's youth on a plate, thereby saving them the bother of finding this crap out for themselves.

The list is quite long. Spoiler: there are more than ten! Walt presents just three.

1. People who drink and smoke are more interesting than those who don't.

6. Some folks enjoy conflict. They love to fight and are constantly engaged in battles. That way, they don't have to focus on how screwed up they are or how lousy their life is. This applies to nations too.

24. There is a God. It may not seem so on occasions, but that's only because He's busy yakking to Victoria the schizophrenic. Otherwise, He's on the case; never doubt it.

To share with you the entire list would require more space than Ed. allows me. So here's what we'll do. If you'd like to read the whole thing, I'll send it to you in an e-mail. Just click here to send me a note and I'll reply immediately.

Note from Ed.: Here's another Life Truth. Not everyone who promises to do something right away will actually do so. But Walt is not an auto mechanic, so give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment