Thursday, May 13, 2021

Q. How can you prove you're not a racist? A. You can't!

Except for Dilbert, I don't read comic strips any more. For one thing, I don't read the print editions of any newspaper. (Indeed, at least one newspaper which I read occasionally doesn't even have a print edition any more.) Besides, my all-time favourite strips are either dead (Pogo) or dying (Doonesbury). So it is that until today I never heard of Mallard Fillmore, a comic strip syndicated by King Features, written and illustrated by Bruce Tinsley until 2019 and Loren Fishman since 2020. 

The artwork owes a lot to Garry Trudeau and Doonesbury. The editorial viewpoint? All I know is that the title character is "a seasoned conservative reporter for fictional television station WFDR-TV in Washington DC, which hired him in order to fill its quota for 'Amphibious Americans'." I like this example of the creators' viewpoint.
You can't win with those guys, can you. That we --  you know who I mean -- are all racists, whether we admit it or not, is a key part of critical race theory, the latest political orthodoxy with which we are now taxed. Deny it, and you will quickly find yourself beyond the pale, even if you don't work for The Mouse.

Blazing Cat Fur used this strip today in their link to a good article on CRT, by the anonymous write of a blog called Neo. If, unlike my goodself, you have to live in a community inhabited by the likes of the blonde lady, you should read entitled "Dealing with Critical Race Theory and Critical Race Training". And good luck to you.

FOOTNOTE added 14/5/21: Speaking of Dilbert, this strip appeared today.


Scott Adams has been taking the mickey out of political correctness and other shibboleths for decades. Dilbert is the one strip I subscribe to.

No comments:

Post a Comment