Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Does "body-shaming" really work?

Ed. here. In my footnote to Walt's post earlier this morning, I said I was looking for suitable pictures to go with the story on "body-shaming". Without searching hard, I found hundreds of pix of people whose appearance invites rude comments. Here's one, from the People of Walmart site.

What do you suppose the tattoos say? "Pass/Don't pass"? "Safe side/suicide"? Better not look too closely. Just be glad we're not seeing her from the front!

Honestly, I don't know how people can go out of the house (or mobile home, whatever) dressed like that. Do you really think people who look like this could be offended if someone looks sideways at them? Would they feel embarrassed enough to change the way they look or, at least, dress? By buying a t-shirt big enough to cover front and back, for instance? I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment